Holidays for those suffering from stress
Away From It All (AFIA) is a Mothers’ Union holiday scheme, primarily funded by our members, to give the opportunity of a break to those who may be experiencing stress or difficulties in their family life. On average, we help 2,500 people to have a holiday each year. Families are able to spend time together away from their stressful situations at home, engage in activities together and have fun. They often experience healing in their relationships by spending this quality time with each other.
Mothers’ Union’s involved with AFIA will:
- Help fund part of the cost of a holiday
- Cover a family’s travel expenses,
- Pay for a whole holiday or day trip
- Organise family weeks for groups of families to have a break with activities and outings.
- A number of our dioceses also have mobile homes they fund so that numerous families can enjoy a holiday together throughout the year.
Families hoping to have an AFIA holiday don’t have to be a member of a church or our organisation and you can apply for yourselves or recommend someone else for a holiday. We will try to find the most suitable holiday, because everyone is different!
For more details please contact the office. Email: [email protected]